Search flights to Paraguay

Number of flights per week0Currency
Flight Duration
9 hour 10 min
Top destinations
Most popular airlineMost popular airport
About Paraguay

Paraguay, located in the southern hemisphere with no access to the sea, shares its southern and southwestern borders with Argentina, its northern and northeastern borders with Brazil, and its northwestern border with Bolivia.
The country, which was a part of the Spanish Empire for approximately 300 years, gained its independence in 1811 through a revolutionary movement initiated by Simon Bolivar, who came from a noble Spanish family of Basque origin in the early 19th century. Currently, the country has two parliamentary bodies: a 45-member Senate and an 80-member House of Representatives. The marriages between Guarani (indigenous Paraguayan) women and Spanish men have resulted in the majority of the Paraguayan population being mestizo.
Approximately 95% of the population in the country is of Spanish and mestizo descent, while the remaining 5% consists of other ethnic groups. The official languages are Guarani and Spanish, the official religion is Christianity, and the official currency is the Paraguayan Guarani (PYG). About 96% of the population is Catholic, while 3% is Protestant. However, the country also recognizes religious freedom for different beliefs.
Paraguay's capital is Asunción, and some other major cities are Presidente Stroessner, Pedro Juan Caballero, Encarnación, and Concepción. The country boasts fertile lands ideal for agriculture, producing various crops like corn, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, tobacco, coffee, and rice. With a significant part of its economy relying on agriculture, over half of the working population is employed in this sector. Paraguay exports electricity, soybeans, cotton, meat, and vegetable oils, and imports consumer goods, tobacco, and petroleum.
Paraguay has a rainy subtropical climate with notable temperature fluctuations between day and night in winter (June to August). From October to May, it's typically rainy nationwide. The best time to visit the northern regions is during the rest of the year. Southern Paraguay has a more humid climate and doesn't have distinct seasons. It's advised to plan your visit during the summer months when there are more activities and festivals.
Paraguayan cuisine, influenced by several European cultures, especially Spain, is notable for its unique ingredients like cassava and corn. Lamb, chicken, and pork are commonly enjoyed in the country.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does Wingie offer the cheapest Paraguay airfares?

When you search for flights to Paraguay, Wingie directly gathers and compares the instant data of all airlines with flights from the airports you can take off from. You can see all Paraguay flights together for the date you are looking for and choose the most suitable flight ticket.

Which airlines have flights to Paraguay?

Aerolineas Argentinas, Copa Airlines, Gol, Air Europa, Turkish Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Paranair organize flights to Paraguay.

To which Paraguay cities are there direct flights from the USA?

Paraguay cities with direct flights from the USA: Ciudad Del Este, Asuncion.

Which airlines have direct flights to Paraguay?

Airlines that offer direct flights to Paraguay: Aerolineas Argentinas, Gol, Air Europa, Paranair, LATAM Airlines.

Which are the most popular Paraguay airports?

The most popular airports in Paraguay: Guarani Intl., Silvio Pettirossi Intl..

Which are the most popular Paraguay cities?

Most popular Paraguay cities: Ciudad Del Este, Asuncion.